Does this sound like a Monday Mayhem to you?
- Sleep til 10:00.
- Leisurely drink two cups of coffee while still in PJ’s.
- Finally shower and heat up left-overs for lunch.
- Watch my 2 and 4 year old put snails all over their arms and toys.
- Organize a Treasure Hunt to occupy the last day of Spring Break.
- Accept lots of hugs and kisses from 5 precious kids.
No, it doesn’t sound very mayhem-y to me either. But rather just the opposite. I’m enjoying spending this day with my kids. It’s rainy outside and cold, so were staying in. Mondays are our “off” days. If there is such a thing.
However, if this weren’t such a wonderful day, I would be having a Mama Fit about my clean sheets that accidentally got left on the clothes line yesterday. This is the view outside my kitchen window…..and I’ve already mentioned that it’s raining!
AND our Resurrection cookies that we made that were supposed to turn out hollow on the inside to represent the tomb, turned out like Peeps marshmallow candy……go figure. Maybe because we made them on Easter night instead of Easter Eve? Hmmmmmm?
But, like I said….no complaining today…..today is a good day. The kids said they taste better like this anyway.
Last night after church we carried the Custodio’s out to eat to thank them for their help with the music in the services the last few weeks. It was a nice time of fellowship and it helped relieve some of my sadness I had yesterday missing my family from the States.