Our fourth and youngest daughter Trinity turned 6 yesterday. It is so amazing how fast they grow. How smart they become. How quickly they become so independent.
Yet, at the same time, can still be impressed with a box of crayons and markers!
They were out of school yesterday for a local holiday, so we celebrated with chocolate chip pancakes and a family outing.
We had a Amaka, our basketball playing friend stay the night with us, so she was here for our early morning celebration.
Then today, as is our tradition here in Portugal, we celebrated with her class. Trinity agreed that we have so many “parties” for each of their birthday’s (home, church and school) that cake gets old, so she decided on a banana pudding.
“Hey..scoot that a little closer, please!”
Trinity is passing out balloons and suckers as a little memento.
Her singing with her class after the party.
Since she turned 6, I’ll list 6 things that I love about her:
- Trinity is the best language teacher I could ask for! She talks to me in Portuguese without hesitation and will correct me without blinking. I’ve learned a lot from this little girl!
- Even though she’s the youngest girl, and 4th out of 5 kids, she is a FANTASTIC big sister! Taking care of Justice comes natural to her. I’ve missed having her at home with me this school year. Justice was lost without her.
- She’s my only “cuddler”. Even though she snores like her Papaw, I love to take naps with her.
- She’s thankful. While holding my hand yesterday afternoon, she said, “Mom, I forgot to tell you thank you for my birthday gifts you gave me this morning.” Makes me want to give her something else!! A grateful child is a beautiful child indeed!
- She’s helpful. Dishes are a pleasure when she’s on a chair next to me. And being the great big sister that she is, she always makes room for Justice and gives him a hand towel, explaining the proper way to dry dishes.
- She’s Mine!! Thank you Lord!