Saturday was Brooklyn’s 11th Birthday. We had a pic-nic planned, but the weather was nasty, so she decided she’d like to go get a hair cut instead. So she and I spent a few hours out together at the salon and then a cafe for pastries and coffee.
She’d recently gone shopping and had purchased some really cute dresses that make her look, well, like the pre-teen that she is. So I think she wanted a new hair cut to go with those dresses.
These are her ‘after’ pictures:
Last night at church we had a party to celebrate a few birthdays. Trinity and Brooklyn were included. Here is a picture of them praying after we sang happy birthday…..
well….we were supposed to be praying…Trinity looks like she’s getting ready for bed.
Anyway…in honor of Brooklyn’s 11th birthday, here are the top 11 reasons why I love my precious daughter:
- She’s considerate and sensitive.
- She’s an excellent student and always does her best in whatever she attempts to do.
- She’s maturing into a precious, young christian lady who loves to hear the story of her birth.
- She loves her Daddy and will defend him till she is red in the face.
- She recognizes when I’m stressed out and offers to help without pointing out that she knows I’m stressed.
- She’s easy to please and grateful for what she gets.
- She reads better than I do…In two languages.
- She shares her room with her 3 year old brother without fussing….well, without much fussing.
- Although she misses friends and family, she thinks living in Portugal is pretty cool.
- She tells me how skinny I am.
- She’s mine! Thank You Lord!
Now, aren’t you jealous you don’t have a cool 11 year old like this living with you?!